North Central College’s Jazz Faculty Concert Series returns this fall for its 10th season! The eight-concert series features various members of the internationally known faculty of the College’s esteemed Jazz Studies program. The season will kick off with jazz vocalist Janice Borla Friday, Septeber 14. Joining Borla for this will be guitarist John McLean, trumpeter Art Davis, pianist Chris White, bassist Kelly Sill and drummer Jack Mouse.
These concerts are co-presented by Flashpoint Creative Arts, a nonprofit organization founded by vocalist Janice Borla and drummer Jack Mouse, promoting improvisation as an invaluable life skill and presenting innovative artistic and educational experiences meant to draw people into the improvisatory process. To help further community enagement in the artistic process, Flashpoint Creative Arts has added an interactive “Question/Answer” session following each Jazz Faculty Concert to give audiences an opportunity to engage directly with the featured artists.
All concerts are presented on Friday evenings at 8 p.m. in the Madden Theatre, Wentz Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave.. The season lineup is as follows:
• Sept. 14: An evening with jazz vocalist Janice Borla
• Nov. 2: An evening with jazz trumpeter Art Davis
• Jan. 18: An evening with jazz saxophonist Mitch Paliga
• Feb. 22: An evening with jazz vibraphonist Brad Stirtz
• March 8: An evening with the North Central College Big Band, with guest artists trumpeter Art Davis and drummer Jack Mouse
• March 29: An evening with bassist Kelly Sill and drummer Jack Mouse
• April 26: An evening with jazz trombonist Tim Coffman
• May 17: An evening with jazz pianist Chris White
Tickets for the concerts are $22 for adults and $17 for seniors and students. For tickets please call the North Central College Box Office at 630-637-SHOW (7469) or visit northcentralcollege.edu/performance.